Friday, October 21, 2011

Classic Male Grooming Eau de Toilette

This fragrance should appeal both to those who like timeless, classic men's fragrances, as well as guys who don't like to draw attention to themselves with the colognes they wear.  This latter comment shouldn't be looked at as a criticism, because I like this fragrance.  It's just very quiet, well-mannered and classy.

Made by a company called Scottish Fine Soaps, Classic Male Grooming is the fragrance around which a whole line of shaving and bath products are made by this company.  It's a discreet woody, spicy scent that reminds me a lot of Declaration by Cartier, only a lot quieter.  It's primarily sandalwood and patchouli rounded off with orange and amber, and it has a kind of white-shirt, stiff-upper-lip formality to it.  It's very conservative, prim and proper, almost stodgy in feel.  The patchouli and sandalwood, however, create a slightly dirty smell and make the scent interesting and masculine, similar to what you smell in Santos de Cartier, but it never pulls this fragrance into raunchy, hash-marked underpants territory.  Classic Male Grooming remains classic and classy from beginning to end. 

My only criticism of this is that it's kind of boring.  I could see someone wearing this very comfortably every single day, since it doesn't offend anyone.  However, I think I'd lose some of my interest in fragrances if I had to wear something this middle-of-the-road all the time. 

I think I'll keep this on my dresser for those days when I'm wearing a suit and tie, and know I'm going to be in close quarters with other people, like in a business meeting.

MY RATING:  7.5/10

Fragrance House:  Scottish Fine Soaps

No comments:

Post a Comment