Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Review Current Formulations

I'd like to note for all my readers that, unless I mention otherwise in my reviews, all of my reviews are of the current formulation of the perfume I'm reviewing.  I'm finding that as I write my reviews, I'm constantly clarifying which version of a particular fragrance I'm reviewing.  It's annoying, because it interrupts the flow of the review. 

Besides, I'm a big advocate of reviewing perfumes in their current state.  I don't see much point in focusing on and reviewing fragrance formulations that no longer exist, except for the sake of comparison.  For example, do we really need yet another review that goes like this: "Please note that this is a review of vintage Antaeus; the current formulation of Antaeus is a disgrace and is not even worth wearing"?  Give me a break.  Besides the fact that I don't agree at all with that assessment of Antaeus, I wholeheartedly say no.  Believe me, I've done my share of hunting down old versions of perfumes, and most of it turned out to be a waste of time and money.  On the other hand, that's just me, and this is my blog.

So basically this is a blowhard way of telling you this: if I don't mention formulation in a review, I'm reviewing a current formula of the fragrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment