Sunday, November 13, 2011

Terre d'Hermes Parfum

Warning: this review is going to be tainted by my own personal tastes in perfume.  It's hard for me to be objective about this fragrance.  I can't honestly say that Terre d'Hermes Parfum is a poorly constructed scent.  It smells like it's well blended and expertly crafted.  The problem is, I hate the way it smells.

This smells to me like a stripped down version of Cartier's Declaration, a fragrance that defined a whole genre of boring citrus/herbal masculine fragrances in the late-1990s, and one that I wish stayed in the Nineties.  I don't like Declaration, and I don't like this.  Basically, it smells like loud lemon and orange mixed with herbs and some bland, synthetic wood oil.  I think it smells cheap and tacky. 

This style of fragrance was considered refined and sexy for guys to wear back in the 90s, and was considered a bolder alternative to the equally boring aquatic scents that were hugely popular at the time.  Even back then I never liked either style. 

Terre d'Hermes Parfum is a cheesy fragrance.  When I smell it, all I can think of is some putz from the cast of Jersey Shore bathing himself in it, thinking he's classy.


MY RATING:  4/10

Fragrance House:  Hermes

4 comments:

  1. Finally someone else hates this crap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am not particularly enamored of it. It reads as Cool Water for guys who still want blandness but are finally, after dozens of years, tired of Cool Water. Maybe one step beyond banality, but two steps back into utter boredom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermes Terre d'Hermes. Hello,. A friend of mine asked me to find a perfume for her, similar to Terre d'Hermes . To her it is the sexiest man.
    PTerre D'hermes Perfume

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this one out, more than once, from a sample. I just couldn't warm up to it. Don't get all the hype.

    ReplyDelete