Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mexx Pure Life Man

Since I don't like or wear aquatic fragrances, maybe I'm not the right person to be reviewing them.  I have to admit that my views on them are skewed.  However, when an aquatic fragrance is well made and unique, I can appreciate that and write up a positive review of it, even if it's one I wouldn't likely want to wear.

Unfortunately, Mexx's Pure Life Man is not one of those.  This fragrance represents everything I don't like about aquatic fragrances: it's boring, weak, characterless and it smells like chemicals.  Like so many other aquatic scents, it's colored blue and smells like pool water mixed with shampoo.  Nautica Voyage, Chrome, etc... all smell like this, and are literally interchangable, the way I smell it; if you are able to detect differences between Mexx Pure Life Man and most other aquatics, then you have a better nose than I do. 

I can't imagine why anyone would choose Mexx Pure Life Man over any other aquatic scent.  In fact, I don't even know why they bother to call this "Man", it's so androgynous.  They should have called it "Mexx Pure Life Person."  It's like the David Bowie of fragrances.

MY RATING:  3/10

Fragrance House:  Mexx

2 comments:

  1. You must be an idiot! you have worst taste ever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. An idiot by definition is a person unable to tolerate any other opinion, taste or preference than his/her own. Their favorite playground is the World Wide Web...

    ReplyDelete