Sunday, December 25, 2011

Nombril Immense

I read in a bunch of reviews that Nombril Immense (which means "Huge Bellybutton" in French) has a big fat patchouli note in it, so of course I had to try it. I recently ordered a sample of it from LuckyScent. All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't buy a full bottle of this.

Let me put it right out on the table: Nombril Immense is a lame-o fragrance. It smells pink and it smells wimpy. This is a bare, skeletal rosy patchouli scent that I can't imagine any man wanting to wear. In the beginning, the rose is dominant, with a dash of pink pepper added to it. The patchouli starts to become dominant after wearing this for about 20 minutes, but it's not the kind of rip-roaring patchouli I tend to like. This is weak-ass, white-washed patchouli that completely lacks the camphorous and earthy edge that real patchouli has. 


The whole fragrance smells pink and cutesie, with little substance, no uniqueness and no balls. If you've ever smelled Ice Men by Thierry Mugler, you'll have some idea of what this is like, but Ice Men is a lot better than this. Nombril Immense smells much too clean and well-mannered, especially when you consider that Etat Libre d'Orange is a niche brand that takes pride in creating what they consider to be daring and controversial fragrances (an assertion, by the way, that I totally disagree with). It's a real snoozer.

I can't say that this is a terrible fragrance because it would probably make an okay (but dull) feminine scent. However, this is a blog about men's fragrances, and I cannot recommend this to any man, unless you're a guy who wants to smell pink and boring.

MY RATING: 5.5/10

Fragrance House: Etat Libre d'Orange


No comments:

Post a Comment