Monday, December 5, 2011

White Sail

White Sail is a simple, unchallenging scent that I like to throw on when I'm at home and just want to smell clean and invigorated.  It's not original, manly smelling or strong, so this is one I put on occasionally after taking a shower after work.  It's very light, so the scent washes off pretty easily when I wake up the next morning and want to wear a real fragrance for the day.

This is a citrus fragrance with a woody vetiver background.  I really like the citrus notes, grapefruit and lemon, because they're tart, not sweet, and very brisk.  The vetiver adds bitterness, dryness and a slightly dark tint to the scent.  Of course, with a name like White Sail, you'd expect a marine-like note to be in here, and there is, but it's in the background and blended well with the natural ingredients.  The marine note and the vetiver mix surprisingly well and create a pleasantly dry and tart accord that lasts long after the citrus smells have faded away.

White Sail is a light, wimpy fragrance. Despite that fact, I still think it's pretty good.  Granted, it's in a woody citrus/aquatic style that's been done a million times before, but it's better than most due to its predominantly natural smell.  It's kind of a boring scent, and I would probably never choose to wear it during the day over the other, better fragrances I own.  But it serves a limited purpose for me, and that is purely as a "feel good" fragrance that I can fart around the house with.

MY RATING:  6.5/10

Fragrance House:  Nautica

No comments:

Post a Comment