Wednesday, January 25, 2012

C.O. Bigelow Barber Elixir White

Elixir White is a lot better than C.O. Bigelow’s disastrous Elixir Green (see my review below).  Unfortunately, that’s not saying much.

White is a woody citrus scent, in a style that has been done thousands of times before.  Like so many others, it starts off with sharp, bright lemon and wood notes, fades to soft floral and wood notes, and dries down to soft woods.  It smells a lot like Terre d’Hermes, only drier, and without the obnoxious orange note.  It’s a boring fragrance.

One thing I do like about White is that it manages to sustain the citrus notes for hours.  I’m sure it’s not actually citrus I’m smelling for five hours, but rather some soft floral notes that were craftfully added to create the impression of a long lasting citrusy smell.  I have to say that it succeeds.

Barber Elixir White bores me to tears, but  I can’t give it a thumbs down because it is only $20 U.S. for a 2.5 oz. bottle, it's pleasant and inoffensive, and it is competently composed.  I just won’t be buying it.

MY RATING:  6/10

Fragrance House:  C.O. Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment