Saturday, January 21, 2012

Layering Combination: Lapzia

I don't layer fragrances too often, but every once in a while I give it a shot just for the hell of it.  Most  of the time my experiments smell lousy, but sometimes I fall into something that not only smells good, but is something I would wear on a regular basis.  This is a layering combo I came up with about a year ago, when I was trying to home brew my own powerhouse fragrance by mixing and matching stuff I already owned.

I call this "Lapzia", a name derived from the two scents I use to create this combo: Lapidus Pour Homme and Krizia Uomo.  Both are heavy hitters from the Eighties, and are big screaming powerhouses in their own right.  Together, they create a real bruiser of a power scent.  It's simple: just layer two sprays of Krizia Uomo to every one spray of Lapidus, and you've got Lapzia.  I say only one shot of Lapidus because it's such a heavy, overpowering scent; you need two shots of Krizia so that its astringent top notes don't get swallowed up by the Lapidus.

Lapzia is a real earthshaker - a big green dinosaur that will stop anything in its path.  I love how the green pine and wood notes from Krizia Uomo blend so well with the dusky, dark mossy smell of Lapidus Pour Homme.  It's as if the two fragrances were meant for each other.  It's got a nice macho, brutal smell, with piledriving sillage that will shatter glass.  People around you who are over-sensitive to fragrances will call 911 and check into the nearest emergency room when you're nearby. 

If you're wondering if this combination is any good, I'll tell you that it got the thumbs up from a number of members of the Powerhouse Fragrance Users Group on basenotes.net.  Getting bored with the powerscents in your wardrobe?  Give this a try.

3 comments:

  1. This Sounds Great. I love both so will give it a try :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought a 100ml bottle of Krizia Uomo. . .Wow. I usually don't go for heavy pine notes, but the florals in this stuff bring out the sweetness of the pine.

    Amazing juice. Mille grazie for the heads-up!

    P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is amazing juice, nice and powerful. It's one of my favorites. I've written reviews of this many times for other sites, but it's time I do one here.

      Delete