Friday, January 20, 2012

Patchouli Homme

Patchouli Homme had a lot of hype leading up to its release, with perfume enthusiasts and patchouli freaks like me chomping at the bit.  Imagine my anticipation when I read the first positive reviews of it from people who were lucky enough to score a sample shortly after it was released.

Imagine my disappointment when I finally scored a sample for myself.  I don't take pleasure in writing negative reviews, but not every review I post can be all warm and rosy.  Having said that, I have to say that Patchouli Homme is not only the worst patchouli fragrance I've ever smelled, but is one of the worst niche fragrances I have ever smelled.  I'm not going to belabor this point, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

I don't like this scent because I smell very little patchouli in this.  Whatever patchouli is in there is completely overpowered by an awful sour, dessicated herbal smell that I can only describe as green olives.  If you've ever tried Sienne L'Hiver by Eau d'Italie, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.  Read my review of that if you're wondering.

All I can say is that if you like Patchouli Homme, then enjoy it.  You've either got a more discerning nose or a more open mind than I do.  It's a fragrance with a lot of fans.  I find it disgusting.

MY RATING:  1/10

Fragrance House:  Parfums de Nicolai

No comments:

Post a Comment