Sunday, April 1, 2012

British Sterling - Revised Review

Believe it or not, after writing my negative review of British Sterling the other day, I felt inspired to wear it today.  I’m glad I did, because my opinion is a little more favorable now than it was before.

The difference for me was the way I applied British Sterling today.  Before today, any time I wore British Sterling I applied only very light sprays.  It smelled like the kind of scent that would be offensive if I oversprayed it.  As it turns out, not so.  Today I sprayed myself liberally with it, and you know what?  It smells a lot better that way.  Rather than merely getting stinky nutmeg and alcohol, I could smell some sweet amber notes in the base.  It also smells green and mossy, a facet I could never smell prior to today.  As the scent settles down over time, British Sterling smells warm and even soothing.  It still has that dust and Vaseline smell to me, but there’s a lot more to it than just that now. For the first time ever, I could finally smell why British Sterling is usually classified as an oriental fragrance.

I'm still not wild about British Sterling, nor am I likely to start wearing it regularly.  However, it is a competent fragrance that isn’t likely to offend anyone, and it has enough of an old-school smell to make it totally different than what most people are wearing these days, which I think is pretty cool in itself.

MY NEW RATING:  6.5/10

Fragrance House:  Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment