Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bijan Nude For Men


If I want a musk fragrance, I want one that smells dirty; Muscs Koublai Khan, Kiehls' Musk - those are my kinds of musks.  I hate clean white musks - the only scent I hate more is orange blossom.  As far as I'm concerned, white musks serve only two purposes - to act as a supporting base note to provide buff and finish to a fragrance, or to scent laundry detergents.  Yet there are countless fragrances that use clean white musk as their dominant smell.  I don't like any of them.

Bijan Nude For Men is one of the worst of this horrendous genre.  There are floral and wood notes in this, and if they were a lot stronger I might have half enjoyed this scent.  As it is, they merely play second fiddle to an awful powdery laundry musk note, so they can't rescue this stupid thing.  Nude is amazingly atrocious, and the whole thing ends up smelling like laundry detergent and baby wipes.

In an attempt to be objective here, I can say that it is a well blended fragrance, however.  I can tell that the perfumer did construct this with care, making sure all the notes complement one another seamlessly.  This is the only reason I'm giving this a 2 out of 10 rating, rather than 1 out of 10.  If you love white musk, you might really like Bijan Nude For Men.  It's even worth a blind purchase if you're a clean musk fan, since it sells for dirt cheap.

I admit that my ire with this fragrance is due to my own disgust at perfumes in this style.  On the other hand, this is my blog and this fragrance ticks me off.  I don't care if it's well composed.  What good is a perfume that smells totally disgusting, but is really, really smooth?  Diarreah is smooth too, but that doesn't mean Colon Blast Pour Homme is a good idea for a fragrance.

Excuse me while I go get a Brillo pad and wash this vile juice off my skin.

MY RATING:  2/10

Fragrance House:  Bijan

9 comments:

  1. Yours is the fourth review I am reading on this scent, thanks for reviewing! :)

    pheromones attract women

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this style QUICKLY becomes unpleasant. Burberry Touch for Men is another one with which I quickly lose patience. Their longevity is actually a negative attribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quickly is right. Nude actually smells pretty decent for about five minutes, but after that, the baby wipes take over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOL'ed at the colon blast, and other potty funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit I was going to blind buy Nude but having read the above I will not. Why don't you review the excellent Bijan For Men, Shamu -- even if you're not a great enthusiast . . . ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, I'm planning on reviewing that one. I really like Bijan For Men. I used to hate it, but I've grown to really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear that, Shamu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS A friend was asking me to ask you about Nude's longevity and sillage please . . .
    Best

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say much about longevity, since I couldn't stand the smell and scrubbed it off after a couple of hours. As for sillage, I'd say it projects moderately, not like a powerhouse. It's neither strong nor weak.

    ReplyDelete