Saturday, May 12, 2012

Capucci Pour Homme

Capucci Pour Homme is often referred to as old-school , but I'm not convinced that the term applies here.  I think "timeless" and "classic" are much better words to describe this scent.

It's an excellent classic herbal citrus fragrance, in a Mediterranean style.  What I mean is that it uses light herbal and wood notes to bolster the citruses, making them last a long time and giving body to the overall fragrance.  This is a really well blended scent, and it's tough for me to figure out exactly which herbs and wood notes are in here, though it does bear some resemblance to YSL Pour Homme, only lighter and quieter.

This is a style I've loved and have been wearing since the time I first got into fragrances about twenty years ago.  Capucci is in the same family of classic citruses like Eau Sauvage, Signoricci, Eau de Rochas Homme, Aigner No. 2 and YSL Pour Homme.  These are all scents that invigorate and lift my spirits every time I spray them on.  They make cloudy days seem sunny (literally), and their dryness and herbal transparency are the quintessence of Mediterranean style.  If you've ever been to the French Riviera, you'll know exactly what I mean.  These are the kind of scents that you can spray on liberally, where you can unfasten the buttons on your shirt and luxuriate in their sun-drenched aroma.  They're fragrances for guys who enjoy life.

I do have one criticism of Capucci Pour Homme, however.  It's probably subjective and due to the fact that I've owned and worn so many of these kinds of scents, but I can't help but feel that Capucci is kind of uninspired.  Although it smells really good, there's nothing that separates it from the rest of the pack.  Whereas every one of the fragrances I listed above has a quality that separates it from the others, Capucci smells like a mishmash of all of them, and all of the others are better than this.  That's a little disappointing for me.  I think if I didn't have a full stable of herbal citrus perfumes, I'd be head over heels about Capucci Pour Homme.

Despite my one subjective criticism, I have to say you can't go wrong with Capucci Pour Homme.  It smells great, costs very little, and it's the kind of scent that you can grow into.  If you like it, you'll be wearing it until you die, and people will always know you have good taste.  It's a classic for sure.

P.S.,  To appreciate Capucci to its fullest, don't be afraid to spray it on liberally.  It's very transparent, so you won't offend anyone with it.   However, due to its lightness, you really do need to spray it on to smell all of its many facets.

MY RATING:  8/10

Fragrance House:  Roberto Capucci

3 comments:

  1. I am wearing R de Capucci today, which I really like--I'll have to try this one. I know where to find it, which is half the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to buy this, but I do not know where to buy it most places in the network have false Capucci. Is anyone down there know where it can be found orginal. with friendly greetings from denmark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought mine from parfum1.com for dirt cheap - about $21 US!. And it's the real thing too. I believe they ship to Europe.

    ReplyDelete