Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vetyver by Lanvin

From the minute I sprayed it on, I knew I wasn't going to like this fragrance.  The top notes smell like some cheap "fresh" fragrance by The Gap, and unfortunately things don't get much better than that.  There's an awful, chemical aquatic-type note somewhere in this composition, and it completely ruins the fragrance. 

Vetiver essential oil, on its own, has a rather austere, earthy smell, and it seems like Lanvin were trying to make it more user-friendly with this fragrance, and create a vetiver for the masses, so to speak.  Perhaps this might appeal to your average Joe who likes fresh smelling sport fragrances, but I smell very little here that would interest vetiver fans.  I can smell the vetiver, but it's buried under some pretty terrible synthetic woody amber and aquatic notes.  Instead of being the star of the show, the vetiver is flattened by the overpowering sports fragrance vibe.

Surprisingly, Lanvin's Vetyver has a lot of fans, judging by the reviews I've read.  I think it smells cheap, boring, and just plain bad.  I really don't see the point of naming this fragrance "Vetyver".

MY RATING:  4/10

Fragrance House:  Lanvin

No comments:

Post a Comment