Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cadillac Black

I love the original Cadillac eau de toilette.  It's a dry, spicy oriental scent that smells sort of like a much lighter and less sweet Joop! Homme.  I don't wear it often, but I'm glad I own a bottle.  Therefore I was eager to try out this new release, Cadillac Black.

This is awful.  Cadillac Black is another stupid so-called "Black" fragrance that does not smell dark or black at all.  This is another gross, sweet slog of a perfume, meaning that it does nothing to separate itself from all the other terrible "Black" fragrances on the market, like Polo Black, Polo Double Black, Bijan Black, PS Onyx, Stetson Black, and on and on. 

Cadillac Black is nothing but a shameless ripoff of Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male, with a hint of grape Kool-Aid for bad measure.  It's a sickening soup of tonka bean, white laundry musk, vanilla and amber, all mixed together into a model of mediocrity.

I wish the perfume industry would put a ban on all "Black" fragrances that smell like this.

MY RATING:  2/10

Fragrance House:  Cadillac

3 comments:

  1. Hi again, Seamus
    It's a bit of a shame you have not reviewed Cadillac Lux EDP which in my opinion is a very well constructed combo of camomile and incense. The approach reminds me of Le Male where you get this smooth meeting of cold lavender and warm vanilla. In CL EDP, you get a similar, ie, very soothing, effect. Best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never even heard of Cadillac Lux. I do have a bottle of the original Cadillac, which is very good, a dry oriental that's like a lighter, less sweet Joop Homme.

      Delete
  2. Do give Cadillac Lux a try, Shamu. It's interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete