Monday, July 23, 2012

Irisch Moos

I had a feeling I'd like this even before I tried it, and I wasn't disappointed.  If you love old school and green fragrances, like I do, Irisch Moos will not disappoint you.

I can certainly smell plenty of moss in this, but what's even more striking is how intensely green it all smells.  This is one of the greenest fragrances I know!  It starts off with bracing lime and mint, always a good opening for any green scent in my book.  It soon shifts into its primary accord, which is both green and spicy at once, and it is truly delightful.

Irisch Moos smells like green moss, clover, grass and pine needles.  I'm sure these aren't all listed as notes in Irisch Moos, particularly pine, but I'm describing what it smells like to me.  Spicy notes of clove and nutmeg blend well with the green notes and provide a welcome sharpness to the whole thing, so you're not left smelling like algae in a stagnant, verdant bog.  Being a cologne from the Sixties, Irisch Moos also has a boozy, alcoholic, "cologney" undercurrent, which was so common in the old school men's colognes from that era.  I love it.

I own plenty of green fragrances that I love, but I'm always game to add another great one to my collection.  Irisch Moos is a green scent lover's dream come true.  It is a unique and incredible masculine fragrance.

MY RATING:  9/10

Fragrance House:  Sir

6 comments:

  1. And thanks to the Vermont Country Store, now more readily available than ever before! I once wrote to this company asking them where the heck I could find this scent, and they told me they didn't distribute in the USA. Perhaps they've had a change of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must have had a change of heart, because you can find this on just about every US online retailer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shamu, have you got the aftershave or cologne spray version of this? I've found a UK online retailer called 'Connaught' who have pretty much the full line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reviewed a sample from a fellow Basenoter, and I ordered the aftershave and the EDT. It's really easy to find online. It's hard to find a retailer that DOESN'T carry this now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First cologne I ever bought, senior year highschool. I bought a set with the aftershave and deodorant -- with the money I earned, thus reinforcing the "man feeling" I had carrying it home and using/wearing it in the days to come. Thanks for this review, I will be looking around for it -- always considered this a Euro drugstore fare and have never encountered it in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First cologne I ever bought, senior year highschool. I bought a set with the aftershave and deodorant -- with the money I earned, thus reinforcing the "man feeling" I had carrying it home and using/wearing it in the days to come. Thanks for this review, I will be looking around for it -- always considered this a Euro drugstore fare and have never encountered it in the US.

    ReplyDelete