Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Legend

Legend is a smooth, warm, rich oriental fragrance, very heavy on the amber.  I'm surprised I like this as much as I do.  Even though I didn't like it when I'd sampled it before, recently I saw a bottle of this for a great price, so I took a chance and bought it.  I figured that buying a bottle would allow me to wear it and give it a fair second chance.  I'm glad I did, because this is very good.

Legend starts off extremely sweet, too sweet for me, with the smell of coffee with cream and sugar, caramel and a little touch of lavender, citrus and anise to give it some sharpness to cut through all the sugar.  Before long, however, this becomes primarily an amber scent.

I actually like this treatment of amber, believe it or not.  It's sweet, but not sickening.  The amber has some aromatic qualities, no doubt coming from the cedar and patchouli in the base notes, and I think that's what I like most about it; though I can't smell cedar and patchouli as individual smells in this, they are there to counteract and break up the sweetness a bit.  They also give the fragrance a very masculine smell.

If this sounds like your cup of tea, definitely pick up a bottle of Legend.  It projects well, lasts a very long time (like most ambers do), and it costs peanuts.  Most importantly, it's very well made and is made of quality ingredients.  Many reviewers have said it smells like Rochas Man, but I have no clue if that's true, since I've never smelled Rochas Man.  All I know is that Legend is a very nice, comfortable fragrance to wear, and is great value for your dollar.  I've tried perfumes costing four or five times as much, and which don't smell as good as this.

MY RATING:  8/10

Fragrance House:  Michael Jordan

8 comments:

  1. Hey Shamu - your Basenotes review is a lot less positive than this!! Have you warmed to Legend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have come around on Legend. When I said in this review that I didn't like it at first, I was referring to the time I wrote my Basenotes review. Basically Legend smells a lot less sweet and a lot more masculine when you wear it all day. I'm going to have to change my review on BN.

      Delete
  2. I love Legend, and I agree with you 100%. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave go to everyday scents!
    Smells fantastic and is an absolute bargain.
    I give it a 9/10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legend is certainly good enough to wear every day, but man, I couldn't imagine wearing something this sweet day in, day out. I think I'd get permanent olfactory fatigue if I did.

      Delete
    2. Yeah i hear you on that. I do love my gourmands - so am partial to these kind of frags. I would avoid in the summer that`s for sure.

      Delete
    3. I bought Legend this past summer and wore it a few times. It actually wasn't that oppressive. I think I'm really going to enjoy it now that fall and winter are on us.

      Delete
  4. Another brill review, Shamu. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete