Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pure Cedrat

I've smelled all three of Azzaro's "Pure" fragrances: Pure Cedrat, Pure Lavender and Pure Vetiver.  None of them are good, but this is the worst of the three.  It's a chemical, boring woody citrus, like a million others, and worse than most. 

Azzaro couldn't resist the temptation to throw a synthetic marine note into the mess, could they?  To add to the misery, there's a disgusting metallic note in there as well.  When I smell this, I shiver, and I mean that in a bad way.  It's the same shiver I get when I lick a metal fork or a coin.

This smells almost exactly like the awful and thankfully discontinued OS Signature by Old Spice, only even more synthetic smelling.  I get about five minutes of cedrat, then four or five hours of a hammering metallic marine note that makes this smell like pool water in a metal bowl.

I can't think of anything else to write about this disaster, because it's also a very simple fragrance, and I've already described everything this scent has to offer.  Pure Cedrat is a terrible fragrance.

MY RATING:  3/10

Fragrance House:  Azzaro

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering what the 2 extra points in its favor are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mainly because although it's bad, I've smelled worse. Also, even though the synthetic smell is strong, I can still smell the citrus for a long time, and I like citrus smells. Problem is, the citrus is overpowered by the pool water.

    ReplyDelete