Thursday, August 9, 2012

Playboy New York

Any of you who've walked by an Abercrombie & Fitch store recently in a shopping mall has been assaulted by the oppressive smell of cheap perfume that emanates from the front door of the store.  I've heard that A&F employees are instructed to spray the store with whatever awful shit perfume it is they've been trying to peddle, which is why the place reeks.  It's one of the most revolting stenches I've ever smelled, surpassed only by the smell of a Yankee Candle store, with its ultra-sweet, wimpy, androgynous smell.  It smells like Dr. Pepper soda, cotton candy and metal.  I don't know which A&F fragrance produces this horrendous smell, but it fits the "not quite masculine, not quite feminine" image they market to young people perfectly.

Playboy New York smells like an Abercrombie & Fitch store, only sleazier, and that's all I really need to say about this totally obnoxious, no class juice.  I assume this is meant for the kind of man who thinks Hugh Hefner is a cool guy, which would explain a lot.

MY RATING:  1/10

Fragrance House:  Playboy

4 comments:

  1. That's a funny review! But what do you think about the other playboy scents, of note, playboy Malibu!? I just bought a bottle for $12 and have yet to wear it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only other Playboy frag I've tried was Vegas, and it was just as atrocious as New York. Never tried Malibu, and I'm not sure I want to!

      Delete
    2. Fair enough. My question to you is how did you learn about smells and processes of cologne? Did you used to work for a manufacturer?? In other words why should I trust your reviews!?!?

      Delete
    3. You shouldn't trust my reviews - you ultimately need to try these fragrances out for yourself. I do try to describe what I smell as accurately as I can, but at the end of the day, I write reviews because it's fun, and hope others read them purely for the enjoyment of reading them.

      And no, I've never worked in the perfume industry. I've just been wearing and buying a lot of different colognes for the past twenty years, and that's where I get my experience. I am not a perfume expert, just an enthusiast.

      Delete