Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ulysse

I've read a lot of reviews of Ulysse, and it seems that what I smell is a lot different from what others do.  Most reviews describe this as a sweet and musky floral oriental fragrance.  It doesn't smell that way to me at all.

I definitely smell the sweetness and floral notes, but it all comes at once in the beginning, like it was shot out of a cannon.  The opening is shockingly strong and synthetic smelling, almost gross.  Fortunately the sweetness subsides within a few minutes, and Ulysse develops a green smell I like, likely coming from geranium.

As you wear Ulysse, it gets better as time goes on, smelling more natural and more herbal by the hour.  It never completely loses the synthetic smell, but it's not overbearing or problematic.  The drydown is not sweet, but dry and aromatic, which I like.  I'm surprised to see few herbal notes listed for Ulysse, because this smells very herbal, like dried rosemary, thyme and basil, and the drydown smells a lot like Jaguar For Men.  Jaguar, however, is a better fragrance because it's more complex, greener, and smells more natural.

Ulysse isn't a great scent, but it's a good one.  On my skin, longevity is good, and it projects strongly.  Though I like Ulysse, I don't see myself buying a bottle, since it smells too much like Jaguar, a fragrance I already own, love and prefer to this.

MY RATING:  7/10

Fragrance House:  Vicky Tiel

No comments:

Post a Comment