Friday, October 12, 2012

Azzaro Pour Homme L'Eau

If you're a fan of Azzaro Pour Homme, and you've never tried this fragrance, the fact that the word "L'Eau" is in its name is probably making you skeptical.  Don't be.  Azzaro Pour Homme L'Eau is not only a true flanker of Azzaro Pour Homme, but it's also a stunning fragrance in its own right. 

It's a fresh aromatic fougere done to perfection, and in a way that will please not only fans of clean, fresh scents, but also hardcore fans of Azzaro Pour Homme.  That's because you can smell the connection to Azzaro Pour Homme immediately.  It's a complex fragrance, and it smells as if Azzaro Pour Homme were used as its foundation upon which to build a cleaner, brighter and fresher scent.

At its core, you can smell the warm, aromatic scent of Azzaro Pour Homme.  Added to that base accord is a variety of bright citrus notes like Yuzu, bergamot, lemon and grapefruit, which add a nice spray of clean freshness when you first put it on.  The citruses then segue into what separates this fragrance from Azzaro Pour Homme: the "L'Eau" or watery texture of the overall scent.  It's done perfectly.  Unlike most aquatic fragrances, Azzaro Pour Homme L'Eau has a mineralic, watery texture and smell that doesn't at all smell synthetic or like chlorine in a pool.  In fact, I doubt there is any Calone in this perfume at all.  It has the fatty, oily smell and transparency of cyclamen aldehyde, but I don't know for sure what material creates the watery effect here.  Whatever it is, it blends beautifully with the rest of the fragrance and smells totally natural.

So basically this scent smells like a brighter and cleaner Azzaro Pour Homme, with a watery aura.  Fans of macho powerhouse fragrances shouldn't be afraid of this description, because it's still a very substantial and strong fragrance, and its relation to Azzaro Pour Homme is obvious.  Sillage is very good, and longevity is outstanding.   I didn't think it was possible to successfully create a more transparent version of Azzaro Pour Homme, but Azzaro managed to nail it perfectly.  Azzaro Pour Homme L'Eau is easily one of the greatest perfume flankers ever, ranking right up there with the greats like Kouros Fraicheur and Sport de Paco Rabanne.

MY RATING:  10/10

Fragrance House:  Azzaro

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes it is. You can still find it easily from online retailers, and there are a million of them on eBay. I don't think it was intended as a limited edition like Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time.

      I think I know what your tastes are, and I can almost guarantee you'll love this frag. It's not expensive either, and is definitely worth the money.

      Delete
    2. I just checked azzaroparis.com, and it's not listed as being available in the U.S., but it's listed as a "New" fragrance in France. Let's hope it sells well, so they'll keep it in production. It's really that good.

      Delete
  2. Accurate description! L'Eau is one flanker faithful to its original. Modern fresh meets classic fougere. L'Eau fits perfectly into my humid tropical locale. Great frag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great one to wear in hot weather. Luckily it's heavy and strong enough for me to also enjoy during the cold seasons.

      I'm afraid of using the word "aquatic" to describe this fragrance because I don't want aquatic-phobic (like me) to shy away from trying it out. However, "aquatic" does describe this scent in a way. An aquatic powerhouse?

      Delete
  3. Man I like a lot of the things you have written positive reviews about but I have to disagree with this one. Finally was able to try a few sprays the other day and this just smells like the a weak classic Azzaro signature mashed up against a ultra generic "L'Eau" base. I found it really off putting but I REALLY hate the base. I had a gift bottle of Old Spice OS that smelled exactly like it and it turned my off colognes for most of my adult life. I thought they all smelled this way. I don't know if it's cyclamen aldehyde or Calone but it's what I hate about any frag with L'eau in the name.

    ReplyDelete