Monday, October 8, 2012

Sexual Secret Man


I'm on the rampage right now against fragrances that contain dominant synthetic cedar.  I can't stand them.  I love the smell of real cedarwood, but there's an awful synthetic cedar oil out there that too many perfumers have been overusing during the past ten years, and I can't take it any more.  Read my reviews of Lalique Pour Homme, Quorum Silver and  Amazing For Men to get an idea of what I mean.

Sexual Secret Man is another member of this undistinguished group.  I bought Sexual Secret Man based on reviews I'd read that describe this as being similar to A*Men by Thierry Mugler.  I don't smell any similarity to A*Men, nor does this even smell like an oriental fragrance.  What I smell is a sharp, irritating woody spicy scent where fake cedar is, yet again, running the show.  There's a touch of orange blossom (an ingredient I don't like, but would be a welcome addition here) and amber, but they're barely noticeable because the cedar is so unrelenting.  Its screeching wail runs roughshod over anything else this fragrance may contain.

I realize that my nose and brain are hyper-sensitive to the smell of synthetic cedar oil, so some of you might like Sexual Secret Man and find it to have a lot more depth than I'm able to.  As for me, I hate this stuff with a passion.

MY RATING:  2.5/10

Fragrance House:  Michel Germain

2 comments:

  1. Not only does it seem to dominate most fragrances that contain it but it also seems to cause sensitivity issues very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda glad that this isn't worth buying 'cos I couldn't risk being asked what I was wearing and having to reply 'Sexual Secret Man'!! I'm taking enough chances already wearing 'Jovan Sex Appeal' and 'Fred Hayman Touch for Men'! My wife thinks the latter is hilarious...!

    ReplyDelete