Friday, November 9, 2012

Aseel

My review of Aseel is going to be short, because this is a simple fragrance.  Basically I smell three notes in Aseel: rose, wood and white musk, and their presence unfolds in that order.  Aseel is what I would call a woody rose: the rose note is very strong and dark, but its usual floral pungency is blunted by bone-dry wood notes.  As such, I find this to be a better masculine than a feminine scent.

Aseel is dry as sand, but it comes off as a little boring during the first hour or two.  It does smell better the longer you wear it, getting darker and deeper as time goes on.  The drydown is good, when the rose, wood and musk all come together and share the spotlight equally.  The accord is very nice, and after a few hours, it's hard to tell if it's a floral, woody or musk scent.  The fragrance has a good sense of balance.

Overall, I like Aseel, but I don't love it.  I love rose-based perfumes, but I've smelled too many that are similar to this, so I'm a bit jaded.  Ungaro III, Moods, and Acteur all do the masculine rose thing better than Aseel, and they're all more complex.  However, it's still a good perfume, especially in the drydown, and at $3.50 for a big vial of it, you can't go wrong with this.  It's a good fragrance for guys who want to explore the world of rose-dominant masculine scents for the first time.

MY RATING:  8/10

Fragrance House:  Al-Rehab

No comments:

Post a Comment