Thursday, December 27, 2012

Raw Vanilla

Don't let the fact that this has the word "Vanilla" in its name deter you from trying this scent.  Trust me, I usually hate the smell of vanilla.  Vanilla-dominant fragrances for men are, to my mind, the antithesis of masculine.  I don't want to smell like cookies or cake.  Raw Vanilla, however, is an awesome fragrance.

What makes this great is the fact that it's not a heavy slog of a scent, but rather a crisp vanilla scent.  How rare is that?  In fact, there are even some green notes in here!  Granted, I wouldn't classify Raw Vanilla as a green fragrance, but it uses some leafy green and citrus notes to counteract the sweetness of the vanilla, and the end result is almost like a bright classical fougere with a strong vanilla note.  Imagine a sharper, greener Canoe, and you get the idea of what this is like.

This is a great non-gourmand vanilla scent that would smell right at home in a barbershop or a wet-shaving den.  This isn't an A*Men or Rochas Man clone.  My wife smelled it for the first time the other day, and her first reaction was, "Oh, that is a very masculine scent".  That's good enough for me!

MY RATING:  8.5/10

Fragrance House:  Coty

No comments:

Post a Comment