Saturday, February 16, 2013

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir Bois Precieux



Use of the words "Bois Precieux" (which means "Precious Woods" in French) in the name of a perfume means nothing to me these days.   When I first saw this, the first thing I thought of were those stupid Tom Ford wastes of money in black bottles (e.g., "Bois Marocain", "Bois Rouge", "Oud Wood"), so I didn't expect to like it.   I wasn't disappointed - this fragrance sucks big time.

Azzaro Pour Homme Elixir Bois Precieux is nothing more than another cutie pie Ed Hardy clone - ultra-sweet, purple-hued vanilla and benzoin hell, mixed with aluminum foil and chalk dust.  I smell no wood notes in this.   The opening is bad enough with its sickening sweetness, but it's the cheap, yeasty drydown that makes me reach for soap and a scrub brush.  If Azzaro tried to make this smell any more synthetic, it would smell like powdered tile cleaner.

Azzaro has created a fragrance that looks like a niche scent but smells like a cheap, trendy designer one.   I've come across far too many other fragrances that smell exactly like this horrorshow, and I can't take it anymore.  This is HORRENDOUS.

MY RATING: 1/10
Fragrance House: Azzaro

4 comments:

  1. Egads man, for you to rate it one out of ten, it must be the worst of the worst. what stymies me about Azzaro is that their range is pretty elastic when it comes to quality. they go from the best of the best (Azzaro PH), to mediocre-meh (Chrome imo), to this. I wish I could sit down with the execs at Azzaro and ask them how it's possible for them to be so exemplary at being the best and worst at what they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, don't even waste your time with this frag. I can assure you that you've already smelled at least five other fragrances that smell just like it. It's a total piece of shit.

      Delete
  2. If you get your nose on Lapidus Black Extreme, I'd like to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, if it smells anything like this disaster, I'm not sure I want to!

      Delete