Sunday, March 3, 2013

Clive Christian V For Men




I've read other reviews of Clive Christian V For Men, and I don't find it to be as chock full of ingredients and notes as others do. What I do smell here is an excellent incense fragrance, plain and simple. It smells like high-grade frankincense, like what you would smell in a cathedral during a funeral.

I love the smell of this kind of incense, and CCV has everything I look for in an incense fragrance - it's dry, complex, smoky, peppery, spicy and exotic. It's a smell I prefer to smell in the air, rather than wearing, but it's a great smell any way you cut it. I just don't detect a lot of development in CCV that others do, so there's no real unfolding of the scent. It smells exactly the same to me from the second I spray it on until the very end. That's perfectly fine with me, because I find good quality incense to be inherently multifaceted, so linearity with this kind of perfume is a virtue for me. Unlike Tabaco Latino, CCV doesn't get tiresome to wear.

On the other hand, I can't see myself ever buying this at its crazy price of $310 for a 50 ml. bottle. That's because you can buy an equally good frankincense fragrance, Avignon by Comme des Garcons, for about a third of that price. To me the two perfumes are almost identical, so there's no reason I'd go for the Clive Christian.

MY RATING: 8.5/10
Fragrance House: Clive Christian

1 comment:

  1. I have read many reviews about Clive Christian V For Men. I have decided to use it at least one time.


    Discounted perfumes

    ReplyDelete