Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Taking a sabbatical

I should have written this a LONG time ago, but I didn't think I had to at the time.  Due to my work, I have not been able to dedicate any time to this blog, which is unfortunate, since I haven't been able to respond to any of the posts or questions you guys have made recently.  I'm a litigation attorney, and there are times when my job requires all of my mental and physical energy.  The past couple of months have been one of those periods. 

I work on the blog usually at night, after dinner and my kids are asleep, but my work has taken every ounce of energy I have recently, and when I get home, I'm just beat.  As I've noted before, I only write when I'm feeling inspired, and I haven't had the energy to feel inspired to write about perfume!  I'd rather not write at all during these times, rather than just throw together some half-assed, half-hearted crap for the sake of writing.  The quality of my writing nosedives when I'm not motivated.

This is a long way of saying that I'm still alive and well, but that I'm going to be out of commission on the blog for a little while, until my work goes back to a normal pace.  I apologize to all of you who have been following this blog for so long and look forward to the regular reviews.  I'm particularly sorry about not being able to respond to the many comments and questions you've posted during this time.  I will do my best to go back and respond to them as soon as I can.

Don't worry, I'm not shutting the blog down.  It's been too much work and too much fun for me to do that.

Best regards.

15 comments:

  1. Great relief on all counts mate. I understand completely - family & work have to come first - I'm sure everyone understands that. Just glad that you are OK.
    I'll keep checking the blog and look forward to when you're able to start again with renewed enthusiasm. It's just a shame you ended on that shitty Crussellas Sandalwood stuff - I was sick of looking at it!!!!!!! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Derbyman. That Crussellas Sandalwood review makes me sad. haha. Really glad to hear you're OK and the blog isn't finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all is well with you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're ok, and I'll try to wait patiently!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone needs a break sometimes. Take your time and come back to this blog when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post.. here i can suggest you to buy gifting perfumes online, clothing and more.. in affordable price....check it out in www.route2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know when he will be back, but he better hurry or everything will be discontinued LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Want to buy Hair Care Products, skin care, tea tree oil, perfume fragrances. uhsupply offers a wide range of Beauty products to meet all of your hair care needs.
    http://www.uhsupply.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. please return shamu. Your reviews are missed.

    ReplyDelete