Sunday, January 31, 2016

Happy For Men

I've read so many positive reviews of Happy For Men on both Basenotes and Fragrantica, I expected and wanted to like this, but nope.   I hate this scent.

I expected a nice simple, dry citrus fragrance with some woody notes in the base, something I'd enjoy wearing in warm weather.  Instead, what I get is a few minutes of boring bergamot and orange in the beginning, which is overpowered by a metallic calone note and a chemical white musk note.  Unfortunately the bad synthetics dominate this fragrance, and Happy For Men ends up smelling like Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo.

Happy For Men is a terrible fragrance.  It smells like one of those awful "fresh laundry" or fabric softener perfumes the Clean company would release.  I am amazed there are people who want to smell like this.

They should call this Miserable For Men.

MY RATING:  2/10

5 comments:

  1. I'm actually surprised you even bothered trying this out.
    I remember the color and descriptions gave me the impression that I'd hate it. I still gave it a whiff at Ulta, Sephora, one of those places. While I was "pleasantly" surprised, I still thought it was a synthetic mess; being messy like a teenager's bedroom instead of an episode of Hoarders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one Chandler Burr said "every man must own", lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you please again review Enrico Sebastiano Cologne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is one of the few scents that I actively dislike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with most of your reviews and tastes, however, I disagree with this one. I find it an attractive, contemporary fragrance that's fresh and invigorating to wear once the initial hit of citrus has subsided.

    ReplyDelete