Thursday, March 3, 2016

Donald Trump The Fragrance

I forgot I even had a bottle of this.  A few years ago, a member of Fragrantica who liked my blog sent me a bunch of bottles of stuff he never wore, thinking I might like them and review them.  Donald Trump The Fragrance was one of the bottles he’d sent me, and it’s been sitting in the back of a drawer in my office since that time.  I don’t even remember if I’d sampled it when I first got it.

Donald Trump The Fragrance may not be unique, and it may not be great, but it’s a good scent.  I’d describe it as a spicy cucumber and citrus fragrance.  It is very similar to Polo Blue, which is a mediocre perfume, only it’s better.  DTTF is smoother and less chemically synthetic smelling than Polo Blue, and it has much better staying power and stronger sillage.  I’m not a fan of Polo Blue because it smells ascerbic and vinegary, even in small doses – DTTF, if applied in small doses, does not have that astringency.  I would think if you overspray it, DTTF would smell awful, but with two or three spritzes, you’re good.  The scent lasts all day on my skin.  DTTF smells crisp and clean, and I like it, even though it’s not really my style.

Sure, Trump’s a dick, but this is actually pretty good.  It's one of the better celebrity fragrances I've tried.

MY RATING:  7.5/10

10 comments:

  1. sir, may i request you to kindly review new frags like cigar black oud and CDNI from armaf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauder reused their Lauder for Men bottle for this. Amazing that they partnered with DT, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's entirely possible that he doesn't have a bottle or sample of either one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear most celebrities don't even wear their own fragrances, so I wouldn't be surprised. Apparently Trump was, of course, saying "This will be the best fragrance money can buy" when it first was released. Of course that's nonsense - it's a good scent, but far from the best thing out there. Usual Trump bullshit.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. can i request you to kindly review the frag Lalique encre noire which is very very popular now a days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trump ain't a dick, brah. You must have meant Obama?

    ReplyDelete